Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Photogrammetry 4, 5 & 6th try

For this new step, I took 82 pictures rotating the camera around the subject (my face) instead of rotating my face around.


After that, I decided to use the pictures without any crops and medium reconstruction quality on Colmap


The result was better than before, especially when the cameras were created for the reconstruction, but still unsatisfied I tried the same process on Zephyr 3DF


Dots on Zephyr 3DF


Mesh on Zephyr 3DF


Mesh .obj on Maya

As you can see the result using Zephyr 3DF was still bad, so I decided to crop the images highlighting just my face.

Wrong move, actually the reconstruction turn out worst because the software couldn't read the background.

So I decided to go back to Colmap and try the highest quality of reconstruction with the raw pictures,


High reconstruction process 1


High reconstruction process 2


Reconstruction on Meshlab


 Clean reconstruction on Meshlab


Mesh extraction


Mesh cleaning


Mesh smoothing 1


Mesh smoothing 2


Mesh .obj on Maya


Mesh .obj on Maya 2


Mesh .obj on Maya 3

What I learned:
1. Pictures are reconstructed better if they have a constant background point.
2. Colmap highest reconstruction understood the back of the head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment